In my previous post earlier today, I mentioned that blasting music and singing along could help get some negative energy out. As I was driving today, blasting my music, singing along, I decided I would share with you my top 8 songs for doing just that.
- Cry Me A River – Michael Bublé. Not only do you have awesome, simple, easy-to-remember lyrics to sing to a super James-Bond-style melody, you also get an even more awesome bass instruments introduction to play drums on your steering wheel too. Go tell all those negative things to cry you a river!
- Papaoutai – Stromae. Having recently been to his concert, I find myself playing his music in my car quite often. Though I’m at an advantage for having some French knowledge, this particular song has an easy enough chorus for anybody to pick up. This one will have you singing and dancing for three and a half minutes straight.
- Something I Need – One Republic. Yes, another one I got to hear live in concert. I had never heard this song before the show, but somehow it felt so familiar, and was natural to sing along to when they performed it. The feelings and emotions created by Ryan Tedder and the band, and the familiarity of the song makes it a one-of-a-kind piece to sing to.
- Sex On Fire – Kings of Leon. I feel like I don’t even need to explain this one. You turn it on, and right away from the first beat you just want to rock out. Again, easy lyrics, amazing beat and melody, and you’ve got yourself a winner.
- La Camisa Negra – Juanes. You don’t even need to know Español to keep up with this one. If you can repeat the simple words “tengo la camisa negra” and add a little head bop, you are pretty much set. Close your eyes (not while driving), and imagine the beach, the moonlight, and the love of your life by your side (or a mojito).
- I Try – Macy Gray. Oh, Macy. Her voice is just hypnotizing. As soon as you start singing along to this one, you can feel the soul in it immediately. I feel like this is one of those that you could sing no matter what mood you’re in – happy, sad, angry, excited. It’s always gonna do it for you.
- Ancora – Eduardo de Crescenzo. Probably not the most popular Italian song, but my god, the feeling this one brings out! Much like the previously mentioned Spanish song, you don’t need much knowledge of this foreign language to be able to keep up with the beat (or the flow in this case). If you can say “Ancora”, “Amore”, and really moan out some notes, you are ready to sing along to this Italian beauty.
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen. I had to save the best for last. I grew up with my parents playing Queen non-stop every single Toronto-New York road trip we went on (twice a year), and was able to appreciate true classic rock, before Britney Spears and Avril Lavigne took over my playlist. This song is something special due to all the changes happening in it, and all the emotion in every single style sung in the piece. Not gonna lie, singing along sometimes brings me to tears (especially after a couple drinks). This song gives the opportunity to be emotional, to rock out, and then to be emotional all over again (best 6 minutes of musical history).
Going a road trip soon? Make sure to add these eight songs to your playlist! You won’t regret it.
If you have your own favourites to sing along to, make sure to leave them in the comments below! Perhaps a compilation of readers’ choices will be soon due.
Make sure to follow on Twitter, Instagram, and follow the blog via Email for instant updates on posts.